Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crock-tober: Italian Chicken and Potatoes

When Mel said she was going to host Crock-tober in effort to get a few more crockpot recipes,  I raised my hand and said, "Yes, please!"
I knew I wanted to participate.
So, I searched high and low for the recipe for Italian Chicken and Potatoes to share with you. Really, it took me awhile to find the recipe because I've made it that many times. Click here for the original recipe.
It turns out I have been making this since August of 2000.
That means I've been making this for 11 years.
That's longer than I've been married, longer than I've had kids, and longer than I've been out of college.
That last statement is not true, but it feels true.
One of the things that I love about this recipe, is that I almost always have everything I need to make it:
Chicken Breast tenders
Potatoes
Italian Seasoning,
Fat Free Italian Dressing
Parmesan Cheese
Spray your Crockpot well.
Then place chicken in the bottom.
Sprinkle with half the Italian dressing, half of the Italian Seasoning, and half of the Parmesan.
Place potatoes on top of that layer. (I leave the skins on mine.)
Then add the remaining Italian Dressing, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan on top of potatoes.
If you don't have Italian Dressing, you could always use this. I've done it before.
I'm a rebel like that.
If I have carrots, I like to add a few. I had about a handful left, so I threw them in, too.
Turn the Crock-pot on low, then put the lid on it and walk away for six hours, or so.

We walked drove ourselves over to spend the afternoon with Daisy at her rockin' playhouse while dinner did its thing.

When we came home three hours later it was already starting to smell good. Happiness.
I still really enjoy Italian Chicken and Potatoes {and a handful of carrots!} 11 years later, but I am looking forward to seeing the other recipes that are being posted today.

How about you?
What's your favorite Crock-pot meal?
Need some new ideas?
Head on over here today.


27 comments:

  1. I think your food pics look great!! And I will be trying this new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what I'm making for dinner tomorrow! Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am making this for dinner tonight.

    i have potatoes from the garden to use and have all the ingredients in the house. my italian dressing isn't fat free but it will do :o)

    thanks for a great easy dinner idea. i had no plan for tonight yet. we can come home from kids activities and dinner will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. this looks So easy
    2. love recipes that you already have everything on hand
    3. i would totally make with the sun dried tomato dressing - i LOOOVE SDT's - and i think i'd love that flavor even more! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thank you so much.
    cant wait to make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM. my first slow cooked meal is filling our house with a fantabulous smell as i type. it alone is worth the $49.99. cannot wait to try your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mouth is watering. YUM!!!!! This looks SO good...I Love anything with potatoes! So glad you linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed a crockpot supper idea for tomorrow night. Thanks!
    Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS! I NEED new ideas for the ol' crock!

    (my daughter is over my shoulder...very SAD....she wants that playhouse!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious! Croc-tober is an awesome idea. Love crockin'.

    P.S. that family photo is so darling. Love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this tonite!! DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm gonna have to try this. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the crocktober idea, I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes. Gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds yummy AND easy!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good - one question - do you put the chicken tenders in the crockpot while still frozen or are they thawed? Thanks so much for sharing - I am always looking for new crockpot recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just put this in the crock pot for tonight! So excited, it looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delish!! I'm totally going to make it this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to throw this in the crock pot, but using legs and thighs instead of breasts. Can't wait to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I made this meal last night and it was so good. Thanks for sharing. You can take a look at my post at: http://mealsforreal.blogspot.com/2011/11/italian-chicken-and-potatoes.html

    My family blog is Party of Five @ www.westerold.blogspot.com

    april

    ReplyDelete
  20. So jealous of that playhouse!!!! It looks like so much fun. I always dreamed of having one just like that when I was little.

    Recipe sounds delicious. I make something similar -- using Good Season's Italian Dressing mix instead of bottled, and cream cheese. Your version sounds way less fattening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did i miss this post?? I will be making these! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there! Loving your blog -- AND this recipe!
    I just wanted to let you know that I am linking to this post on my blog's new "Project: Learn to Cook" Page. (http://onedaysdreams.blogspot.com/p/project-learn-to-cook.html)

    I am totally not trying to steal your recipe and am totally in awe and wonder of your awesomeness. :) Just wanted to let you know! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks great how would i use it would with raw chiicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use what I would call raw chicken---defrosted chicken breasts.

      Delete
  24. I had such high hopes for this meal, but it just didn't pan out. I ended up cooking for 8 hours and the potatoes still were not done. The chicken was good but the potatoes were awful. Had a very good smell when it was cooking and I really thought we had a keeper. Maybe just the chicken is a keeper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci,
      This is really a surprise! I've made this meal for 12 plus years and never had that happen.
      Is your crock pot dying? The only reason I ask is because mine just did.
      Glad you liked the chicken!
      -Kimberlee

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails