Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cilantro Corn Salad {Gluten Free}

Several of you have written me and asked for the Cilantro Corn Salad recipe I made for Craft Weekend. It's a good one! I recommend making Meg's Chicken Enchiladas and serving the Corn Salad as a side. Tortilla chips assist in chasing those last bits of corn around your plate. Yum!

Cilantro Corn Salad 
slightly adapted from here.

4 cups frozen corn
1 large red pepper, chopped
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
1 pint mini tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 of a cilantro bunch, chopped very small (or more if you love cilantro like I do)
1/3 c. lime juice
1/4 c. olive oil 
Salt and pepper to taste.


1. Place frozen corn in a pot to steam for 5-6 minutes with about a 1/2 c. of water.
2. Drain the corn
3. Then place in serving bowl and toss the corn with all the ingredients. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. This can be made a few hours, to one day ahead of serving.


****For Craft Weekend, I doubled the recipe and it served 16 women.


I found the original recipe on Pinterest, so I'm linking up with Jessica today. 





23 comments:

  1. i just pinned this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kimberlee! It looks so good.

    Definitely going to make this : )

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. i'm a cilantro fan myself
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious.
    any recipe with cilantro has my heart.
    YUM.

    perfect with those enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm...I remember this from our WHATEVER craft weekend! Where do I get that awesome peanut butter chocolate cake?? That may be a good treat for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to make this. but i think i will be sad. can you make the next one a craft week? ok? great! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! Subtract the tomato and I am all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made it tonight....and the chicken enchiladas! Delish. And my family just raved! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should market this as gluten free! Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for posting the recipe! Can't wait to make it! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bruce says I can never leave a recipe alone. I'm going to add black beans to this! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kimberlee, thank you, thank you, thank you! My mouth has been watering ever since I saw pics of this corn salad from CW (among other deliciousness!) ... thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am going to make this today.
    because......i want to.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Making this tomorrow with our carne asada tortas...cannot wait to make it in the summer with fresh corn! ;-) Thanks for sharing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you're repeating the menu this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dreaming of this salad....might need to make it tonight! Thanks again for all the yummy goodness you served up last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i shared your salad on my post today...it was so yummy i just had too!!!
    http://gronicktales.blogspot.ca/2012/07/picnic-fare.html

    happy weekend!
    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  18. i saw a bag of corn in the freezer and it brought me to the image of CW corn salad. so online i go and here it is! blogs are awesome. you are awesoome. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you think this will hold up for a few days for left overs? (I will be super impressed if this gets a response six years later from the recipe!) 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails