Okay, so I started the month of April doing Ripped in 30.
Here are my thoughts:
1. I lost weight...three pounds.
2. I lost 3.5 inches overall.
3. I went back to my Shred notes and found that I lost the same amount of inches in my hips, arms, and legs. (Actually, I gained in my legs. Again.)
4. I lost two more inches on my waist with the Shred than I did with Ripped.
5. I did the Shred every day for 30 days.
6. I took one day of rest a week for a total of four breaks for the month of April.
7. I am incorporating the Shred into my workouts.
8. I will not put Ripped away just yet.
9. I have Jillian's 6 week six pack workout in my Netflix que because I live in reality.
Is my sarcasm translating? I'd settle for a two pack right now.
How I really feel...
Overall, I am feeling strong even though my results are not staggering.
I am not disappointed with the results of the Ripped in 30 dvd. I feel like it got me back on track after taking a very long exercise hiatus. And if Jillian is known for anything, it's giving people a kick in the butt to get them motivated, so I guess I can thank her for that. I can also thank her for not biting me. I couldn't take that comment. One. More. Day.
Thank you to my awesome email support group. I would have "phoned it in" by day three if it weren't for you: Tracy, Amanda, Carisa, Meg, Megan, Karen, Kimberly, Sara and Nic.
And now because I'm curious, tell me, what are you doing to get in shape this Spring? And please don't tell me that you have to lift weights to put on weight, or that you're naturally just long and lean. I already sleep next to a man who is exactly like that. Finding out that there are women made that way too could send me on a three hour drive to the nearest Cheesecake Factory.
What's your workout of choice?
And how do you stay motivated?