Monday, May 23, 2011

One of Those Dog People

Before we got Thurston, I told myself I was never going to become one of those dog people. To prove it, I told myself that I wasn't going to post about him that often. Ahem.
Have you noticed that those dog people take their dogs everywhere because they can't leave them home alone for five minutes. And when they do leave home, they leave music on so the dog will comforted by the sound of the radio.

Thurston happens to like Jason Aldean right now.
Those people look for excuses to buy their dogs presents.

Can I still throw a birthday party for a dog whose birth date is unknown?
Those people often talk about their dogs with such frequency that you are convinced they have a child that you haven't met.

"That's right. We have two girls and a boy."
Those people like to refer to themselves as "Mommy" when they talk to their dog.

"Mommy loves you, Thurston." 
I need help, people.
So yesterday, I looked at myself and realized that I have become one of those dog people.

In spite of the poop...
the potty...
and the gnawing that takes place within two blocks of wherever he is.

I'm still nutters over this little guy.
Now if you will excuse me, I have a piece of bubble gum that needs to be removed from the chest hair of my youngest son.
What in the world???????????????

11 comments:

  1. Thurston is adorable! By the way, I have 2 boys and a "girl!" Our "girl" is VERY loved!! Welcome to the dog people world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WUV it...yes I do! Amy Sterk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'son' is just too cute for words! I can only imagine your girlies enjoy him as well. Adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe how much he's grown! i am thankful for the smile today. i needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything about this post cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so funny.
    your youngest son. HA!
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE. THIS. SOOOOOO. much. every mom of 2 girls needs a son dog. mine happens to be the oldest, not the youngest. "dog people" are the best people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pictures! Especially the first! I am so happy you are loving him...Ella and Talia look SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh oh...just promise to give me a courtesy call before you phone me into PETA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahaaaaa!!! love it!
    he is soooo adorable!
    now all he needs is a play date with miley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are guilty of all those things with our dog. He definitely feels like a son to us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails