Monday, October 22, 2012

Ella the Runner

Ella entered The Great Pumpkin Race again this year. (I posted about her first run here.) She told me she wanted to be a butterfly. She wanted wings, and she even let me put in pigtails as her antennas. Usually, she doesn't want me to come near her hair with a hairbrush.
She ran most of the half mile. And I ran beside her. Like my costume? I'm a butterfly catcher. I put a lot of time into it, so please don't laugh. :)
Thanks, Anna for the picture. :)
We stopped twice for just a few seconds to catch our breath and when Ella was ready to speed up she yelled "Run"!
Crossing the finish line together---photo courtesy of Paulus Photography
Fun fact about Ella: She likes to hold hands when she runs.
Maybe I would like running more if someone held my hand when I did it??? 
I know I like almost anything when her little warm hand is holding mine. 
We are so proud of her. 

18 comments:

  1. That is precious! Way to go Ella :) And Kimberlee...your costume....tutorial, please!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...and that's me, Leadia, by the way!

      Delete
  2. Way to go, Ella! She was a beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this!!
    Good for her!!
    Love her wings, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this melts my heart.
    i love your family. (I've never met you- is that creepy?)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Ella! Cute costumes - both of you!!!!!! Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! Love the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I know I like almost anything when her little warm hand is holding mine."

    made my day! Congrats Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is amazing. ella is my hero.
    girl friend can run so much better than me these days.

    and she looks dang cute doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable costumes! Yours is right up my alley, Kim! So proud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of you and her running,
    and her little pig tails are flopping up in the air
    is just perfect.

    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a rad momma!! I love your costume .. it's the best!!
    :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails