1. Ella read 9 of the 17 words on her sight word list this morning before school.
I think she's memorizing the list.
She said one of the words before I showed it to her. Smartypants!
2. I laughed outloud when I read an email that said, "Congrats on Blowing the Whistle."
I wonder if she really meant "Girl, you better duck"?
Yesterday was a doozie, people.
Your sweet comments/emails, and some major time with my forehead to
His got me through.
3. I am quoting "You are a shield around me." all day long today.
4. Talia was greeted at daycare by a blaring Barry Manilow Copacobana jam session.
Little Fanilows crack me up.
5. It's September. Preschool starts on September 13.
That's same day as the season premiere of Parenthood.
September 13 might be one of my favorite days this September.
6. I signed my name twice in an email to some girlfriends this week.
Because I guess I really meant it?
7. Death by Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. You couldn't get it at the Copacobana,
but you can eat it at my house and at Craft Weekend. Does anyone know how to get
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake to stop talking to you?
8. We are headed into day 51 of 100 plus degrees this summer.
It's been a hot, dry, stinky one. I'm cooked.
9. Speaking of stinky, what word do you use at your house for flatulence?
I'm just curious. We use the word "toot". My dad uses the word "pert".
Yes, like the shampoo. I'm sure the Pert people would love to know that.
10. And for your listening pleasure...because it's going through my head, and I need a
few people to join me, hit it, Barry.