Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

It's the first day of second grade for Miss Ella.
Meet her teacher, Mrs. Dick.
We actually shot this picture yesterday.
Since Ella began school, I have arranged to take her to her new
classroom the day before school actually starts.
We take her picture. 
We see her name on her desk.
She gets to feel "known" a little bit. 
 If you have a child who doesn't adjust well to change, I highly recommend this strategy. 
It has made our first morning of school incredibly easy.
At yesterday's preview visit to the classroom, Mrs. Dick told Bruce that she
was a student teacher in his second grade classroom in Topeka, KS. 
She looks way to young for that to be true, don't you think???? 
She must've started teaching when she was ten.
We didn't hang out long at school this morning.
We had some partying to do at home with the Back to School Coffee ladies.
More on that tomorrow.
Right now I have a Candyland date with Talia.
And I really can't let her beat me, again.

8 comments:

  1. Mrs. Dick was Sarah's first grade teacher - her first year of teaching (I think) and she was wonderful. She will be phenominal - so glad my hero Ella has her for a teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought of you today Ella! Mrs. Dick is so lucky to have you!:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know - this neighbor loves your blog and pictures! Vera I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea! Here's to a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea ... feeling 'known' is important! I'm not a fan of change either ;) Praying for Miss Ella to have a fantabulous school year! Blessings to you & your sweet family my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just wondering if Bruce was taller than her in 2nd grade too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of her with her teacher! so sweet! And, I love that you take her the day before school starts, it is such a great idea. I am a teacher (7th grade math) and I love it when students/parents come by the day before school to meet me & check out the room! And, how fun that her teacher was your husbands student teacher back in the day!!! crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails