Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wild Geese That Fly With The Moon On Their Wings...

I talked to the laptop Doctor and she's dead.
Dead.
She didn't even say goodbye.
Nothing can be retrieved.
Thankfully I backed up to Carbonite last week. LAST WEEK!
God is good...ALL THEE TIME...God is good!

Danielle tagged me wanting to know some of my favorite things...so without a laptop or any current picture (I did some crafting yesterday that I wish I could show you) I will "simply remember my favorite things, and then I won't feel...so bad".

My Favorite Things~

Food~Veggie Pizza, Pasta a la Betsy, Pam's Cheesecake
Color~ White or Cream...if you don't count that as a color, then pink.  
Animal~ I would love to own a dog. My dogs (yes, two are already not so secretly named Lovee and Thurston) I have been trying to convince Bruce that it would be good for the girls. At the zoo it's the Gorillas. I always leave with that cheer from high school in my head, "go gorilla, go, go gorilla".   
Artist~ My kids. I love anything they paint.
Pair of shoes~ the red ones.  
Outfit~A white tshirt with chinos and hoop earrings. In the summer, it's a day dress.

Skinny jeans~ Yes! I am currently contemplating these. Waiting for them to go on sale.
Brand~ If I could afford it, J. Crew. I also LOVE the Loft. 
Perfume~  Chanel Mademoiselle. I've been recently thinking I need something lighter for summer. Any suggestions?
Accessory~ Earrings or lipstick. 
Hobbies~ Cooking, eating, crafting. Who am I? 
Beauty Products~ I love MAC makeup. And I can't believe I'm going to confess this, but I started using a nighttime eye gel last week. I can already tell a difference.
Holiday~  I would take a "Holiday" with Bruce anywhere at anytime...except maybe to Wyoming. Inside family joke for my parents. I love people from Wyoming, I really do.
Snack~ Cheetos...the crunchy ones not the puffs. 
Movie~ Somethings Gotta Give, You've Got Mail, and I hope (fingers crossed!) Water for Elephants. Come on Reese don't let me down, the book was soooo good!
Song~  Right now it's "Are you Gonna Kiss Me or Not?" Bruce laughs when I say it's our story in a song, so I love hearing it on country radio.
Guilty Pleasure- Baths with earplugs inserted so tightly into my ears not allowing me to hear what's going on in the rest of the house.


Okay, let's here it from you. I want to hear some of these (or all) back from you! Let me get to know your favorite things better!

10 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your laptop! you are so fortunate to have backed it up so recently. mine died shortly after my little Alex was born and I hadn't backed up for a while. luckily i had actually developed the first 3 months of his pics to use for scrapbooking! between those and ones from relatives and online, I actually got quite a nice collection of my failure to back up my computer! now i have a Mac! and it's one of my favorite things:) and I back it up regularly! thanks for the smiles you bring when i read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things...diamonds and gold....jeans...studying the Word with Beth Moore....anytime I can spend with the grand babies, and their parents....riding my bike...
    walking the forest with my love....traveling anywhere with my hubby of 38 years, even a trip to Wyoming would be a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that pasta is SO good! We love it. SO not healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...a few of my favorite things include a certain 5-and-3/4-year-old boy, chocolate (hence the new membership in Weight Watchers Online), fabric, time to sew (it is so amazing--and somewhat infrequent--when things turn out the way I imagined them), reading (especially fluffy romance novels--don't tell!), and C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Balm from Bath and Body Works. Oh--and your cute haircut! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Water for Elephants too! Love, love, LOVED the book as well! You are so funny and a much needed pick-me-up each time I read one of your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry for your computer.
    let's have a moment of silence to observe it's wonderful life.






    ahhh. i feel better now.
    thank goodness for backups!!
    :)
    now, let's see these crafty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along and you can have my dog if you want;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knee-deep in Water for Elephants....I'm hoping the movie is as good. I'm in LOVE with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE mac. i suggest vera wang for a light perfume. i love vera, too. RIP computer. so sad. woo hoo!!! on the back-up, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! i wanna play! :)

    i'm gonna do this later this week. i'm just now checking blogs- i've been in the bush all weekend (and yes i'm gonna say that as much as i can this week- hehe).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails