Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Morning Date

Bruce and I ran away for a date this morning. (He got home late last night from a business trip to California.)
Ella went on her way to school, and Talia went to daycare.
We went to the kind of place where you don't have to dress up.
Him with his bedhead and me in my cap.
Not really, but it sounded familiar, didn't it?
I had bedhead, too and didn't wear makeup.
We drove a few miles down the road to Main Street Cafe in Durham, Kansas.
I hear they specialize is sausage.
They also specialize in some of the best cinnamon rolls around.
How's that for a little pre-Ripped in 30 breakfast?
Uh, yeah, I'm guessing I need to cut this out.
And the bacon.

But not him. I'm keeping him and his cinnamon roll love language.
Which means that I'll probably never be able to give up cinnamon rolls completely.
And I'll never be forced to give up this place.
A Monday morning road trip date to Main Street Cafe...I think all the represented love languages were met.
I'm full.
What kind of date fills up your love tank?
Plan to do it this week!

6 comments:

  1. What a great date... Looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, fun. the cinnamon roll looks aaaamazing!

    my fave kind of date: similar to yours- the kind where its not a big deal and you dont have to dress up. :) i love pic-nics. esp when we just go to the store and pick up fresh bread, lunch meat, and cheese and tear it all apart and make our own sandwiches... oh, easy dates. add that to the list of "things i miss from america"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce and I didn't have any time alone this weekend, so late last night we walked very slowly to Starbucks, ordered the decaf lattes, and we went home sipping, talking and walking very slowly. You do what you gotta do! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading out tonight on our own date.....nothing fancy, just time together alone. That's all i need!:) Although i know my husband would LOVE it if we were heading to Main Street Cafe. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to start off the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, so sweet -- your date & the cinnamon roll (which BTW literally made my mouth water!) -- sounds like a perfect way to start the day with your honey! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails